By Team Covenant– October 1, 2012
It’s time. Monday Night Monster is back. We’ve heard nothing but disappointing excuses, dodges, and outright denials from Privateer Press. We get it. Monsterpocalypse is not going to see a release for a while, if ever. It might be movie-related. It might be profit-related. It might be manufacturer-related. It might be time-related. It might be staff-related. But, most importantly, it might not matter. We are here, and we are here to play one of the best miniatures games that has ever been created. We are here to challenge each other and to build friendships. We are here to explore our favorite monsters and see how well we can do. We will not be denied, and we will continue to play, even if we’re the only ones left.
Welcome to the world of Monday Night Monster! This online Vassal tournament is a longstanding tradition among the TC community, and one that is responsible for a significant number of epic stories, remarkable battles, and close friendships. When we get together and catch up at MonCon, Monday Night Monster matches are often brought up. These are the games you rarely forget.
What You’ll Need
How To Enter
The current Team Covenant World Champion and MonCon winner Chris Engler (Wapcaplets) will be the official Tournament Organizer for this iteration of Monday Night Monster, and as such, will be keeping track of matches, lists, and reporting.
To enter, message Wapcaplets (message is on the far right, under the avatar) with the following:
- Your Monster, including chosen Hyper form
- Your 15 unit list
- Your 2-12 building list
- Your chosen map (Covenant Maps are LEGAL, as decided by Wap himself)
- At the start of Turn 25 and every turn thereafter, the active player rolls one B-Die. If a super strike is rolled, the game is over.
- A player wins by destroying both forms of the opposing monster. If the game ends before this occurs, the following tiebreakers are checked, in the order given:
- Most forms killed.
- Most total damage done to the opposing monster (this is different than usual, damage counts even if it was healed).
- Most health remaining.
- The game is a draw.
As you all know, we’re cranking away on some vast improvements for Reborn III. Don’t make fun of us if we don’t get a chance to participate! Let’s make this the best Monday Night Monster yet.