This position has been filled.
If you are a mobile and web application developer obsessed with clean, efficient code, following best practices (even when it’s annoying), and developing systems with minimalism in mind, consider applying below.
We’re looking for a full-time Lead Developer to create and manage the development of our web and mobile applications. This position is primarily an individual contributor role, with the initial focus being on a few self-contained projects managed by our Marketing Director, Steven (he’s great).
If those projects go well, this position will evolve to focus on the constant honing and improvement of our technological systems and taking over management of any external devs needed to cover specific skillsets. While we will consider remote applicants, our preference will strongly lean towards someone more local.
We’re looking for someone who is prepared to build industry-changing technologies in our continual effort to perfect the tabletop gaming experience.
What We Value
Our employee values (see below) exist to guide employee action and provide a clear picture of our expectations, both for you and ourselves. Success at Covenant is embodying these values and demonstrating them when acting on behalf of the company, especially when direct instruction is unavailable. These values are:
While no person can perfectly embody every one of these values in every moment, a Covenant employee is expected to have a natural inclination toward them and a desire to actively cultivate them in all aspects of their work.
Qualifications & Experience
- A desire to do good work for its own sake
- Desire to constantly learn and perfect oneself (kaizen)
- Familiarity and passion for tabletop games
- Understanding and ability to use Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) – planning, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Experience working with an Agile project management system
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing other developers
- Proficiency working with REST/SOAP APIs both inside and outside of WordPress
- Experience with the majority of items on this list:
- WordPress/WooCommerce/WooCommerce Subscriptions knowledge
- SSH, CLI, WP-CLI
- Object-Oriented Programming
- HTML5, SCSS, GULP
- PHP, MySQL
- 21 years or older
- Must be authorized to work in the US (no visa sponsorship will be provided)
Our Current Technologies
- LEMP Stack (Site hosted on Pantheon.io)
- WordPress Custom Theme and Plugins
- eCommerce, payment processing via Stripe
- Angular application that connects via REST API to our WordPress website