Mythos Tokens stemmed from our desire to have a more thematic and stunning experience while playing Arkham Horror: The Card Game. When designing these sets, we were focused on minimizing the tokens on the board and making sure that those tokens perfectly blended into the other assets (card borders, icons, art style, etc) present in the game.
This set includes:
- 30x Clue/Supply Token
- 15x 1-Doom/2-Doom Token
The Clue/Supply token not only represents clues in a complex, enthralling way, but also introduces a new dimension to the game with its Supply side. During play, we were always pining about which stock tokens to use on cards with "charges" – everything from Flashlight to Shriveling to a .41 Derringer. Nothing seemed appropriate, and Resources sitting on assets was especially confusing.
We designed the Supply side and placed it on the flip of the Clue to solve this problem. The detailed motif introduces elements that subtly represent various interpretations of "supplies", and we often use them to mark damage on certain monsters – it looks like they are being blasted back into their own dimension. Additionally, the pearly-white acrylic shines in bright contrast to the darkness found throughout the game and the rest of the Mythos token set, which clearly demonstrates the positive in-game effects represented by both designs.
By divorcing the Clue and Doom designs from each other, we were able to give the latter a proper representation on infinitely deep opaque black. The blood red paint fill and intimidating size appropriately complement the feeling of "pending dread" created by the lunar phasic artwork, and its convenient flip to 2-Doom causes the "clock is ticking" sensation to fully sink in.
These quantities match the capability of those found in the Arkham Horror: The Card Game Core Set, so are sufficient for all but the most extreme situations (running through the campaign with 4 players, we never needed more). Pair this set with your desired number of Investigator Sets to bring your board to life!
Here are a few more reasons why we love them:
- Art-forward designs create a more engaging (and dreadful) story, every time
- Color-coded white and black tokens manifest the appropriate emotional response
- The Supply side eliminates all confusion for assets with "charges"
- Easily-flippable Doom tokens increase both convenience and the sensation of "pending evil"
- Laser-cut to exceedingly precise measurements, with intricate border textures
- Engraved and hand-filled with high-contrast paint on both sides
- Striking colors provide easy recognition and comprehension at a glance
- Will not bend, warp, or fade over time
- Made from the highest quality acrylic available
- Designed in-house at Covenant in Tulsa, OK
- Manufactured in small batches in Tulsa, OK
Every token is covered with adhesive protective paper to prevent cosmetic damage during shipment, so peel them before use! The appearance of your tokens may vary ever so slightly from the renderings and images shown here due to color variations in displays, cameras, and acrylic. Mythos Tokens are third-party accessories produced and sold exclusively by us, Team Covenant. Though compatible with Arkham Horror: The Card Game and similar games, they are not associated with or officially endorsed by Fantasy Flight Games or any other entity.